FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Autumn Wine Stroll 2022
What are you doing about COVID safety?
- We are following all current health guidelines—for you, our other ticket holders, and our volunteers. Please note: Individual businesses may have specific masking requirements so kindly be prepared to comply.
- Stroll Tickets include a collectible tasting glass, premium wine tastings at 12+ unique Downtown Alameda locations, hors d'oeuvres at select pouring location, and a commemorative map. As a ticket holder, you also get access to exclusive offers from select downtown businesses and a chance to win some great prizes. (Designated Driver tickets do not include glass or wine tastings.)
- Ticket sales are limited. If the event sells out in advance, there will be no tickets available at the door. There is no waitlist.
- All ticket holders must check-in at the Alameda Ave Al Fresco Dining Area (near the Alameda Museum) between 11:30am and 2:30pm to receive a wristband, tasting glass, and map. After that, you are welcome to visit the downtown tasting locations by creating your own route and going at your own pace.
- Check-in doesn’t open until 11:30am. If you arrive early, we invite you to begin your visit at any of the downtown businesses. We have a fantastic selection of shops and restaurants.
- Check-in closes at 2:30pm SHARP. If you don’t pick up your pass by then, you will forfeit it. Please plan accordingly. Because proof of ID is required for all guests, you are not able to check in for a friend.
- Yes. Proceeds from ticket sales support programs that will keep Downtown Alameda clean, green, and safe for all to enjoy.
- This is a fundraiser for Downtown Alameda. There are no refunds on ticket purchases.
- No. Each ticket must be redeemed in-person at the designated check-in location for the participant to receive a wristband and tasting glass. All participants must show ID (this is a 21+ event).
- If you are transferring your ticket to a friend, be sure to forward them your e-ticket. Keep in mind that each ticket can be redeemed only once.
- The Civic Center Parking Structure is located near Alameda Ave at 1416 Oak Street; parking in the garage, parking lots and meters is free on Sundays.
- The Downtown Alameda Business Association encourages everyone to enjoy the event responsibly. Ride-share options like taxis, Uber and Lyft are terrific resources. Downtown Alameda is also accessible via AC Transit with frequent connections to Fruitvale BART.
- We'd like everyone to enjoy the event responsibly. To support this effort we are selling a limited number of designated driver tickets. DD ticket holders get all the benefits of food and entertainment, just no drinks.
- Venues are making arrangements for the bites independently. We don't have a final list yet. Keep in mind that these are just bites, so consider having a pre-stroll snack or meal at one of our great restaurants before you get started!
- The venues are making arrangements for the bites independently. We do know that there will be some vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options.
- Individual wineries and host locations may choose to offer bottles for sale during the event. If not, please check with your favorite winery to see if they offer their wines for sale at one of the many wine & bottle shops located in the district.
- Guests will have to be ticket holders to enter the pouring locations host.
- This is an event for 21 and older guests with a bar atmosphere. We love your kids, but best to get a babysitter and enjoy the afternoon out! If you're looking for help, sign up for the Alameda Wine Stroll Drop Off at Swings & Wings, which includes lunch, treats and a movie!
- Most of the venues do not allow dogs inside their businesses. As much as we love dogs, it’s best to leave them home.
- The event will be held 'rain or shine.' Tastings are done both indoors and outdoors.
The information provided on this page is subject to change. Don't see an answer to your question? Email Us