FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Whiskey Stroll 2022
What are you doing about COVID safety?
- We are following state and local health safety guidelines—for you, our other ticket holders, and our volunteers. Additionally, ticket holders are required to show proof of vaccination or negative test results taken within 48 hours of check-in. We also request that guests wear masks throughout the event when not actively eating or drinking. Furthermore, we ask that guests not attend the event if they are showing any signs of COVID-19.
- Stroll Tickets include a collectible tasting glass, premium whiskey tastings at up to 12 unique Downtown Alameda locations, small food bites at each location, and a commemorative map. As a ticket holder, you also get access to exclusive offers from select downtown businesses and a chance to win some great prizes. (Designated Driver tickets do not include glass or whiskey tastings.)
- Ticket sales are limited. If the event sells out in advance, there will be no tickets available at the door. There is no waitlist.
- All ticket holders must check-in at the Alameda Ave Al Fresco Dining Area (near the Alameda Museum) between 5:30pm and 7:00pm to receive a wristband, tasting glass, and map. After that, you are welcome to visit the downtown tasting locations by creating your own route and going at your own pace.
- Check-in doesn’t open until 5:30pm. If you arrive early, we invite you to begin your visit at any of the downtown businesses. We have a fantastic selection of shops and restaurants.
- Check-in closes at 7:00pm SHARP. If you don’t pick up your pass by then, you will forfeit it. Please plan accordingly.
- Yes. Proceeds from ticket sales support programs that will keep Downtown Alameda clean, green, and safe for all to enjoy. Additionally, we’re pleased to partner with the Alameda Food Bank. There will be cash tip jars at each pouring station or you can make a donation today by visiting their website.
- This is a fundraiser for Downtown Alameda. There are no refunds on ticket purchases.
- No. Each ticket must be redeemed in-person at the designated check-in location for the participant to receive a wristband and tasting glass. All participants must show ID (this is a 21+ event) and proof of vaccination or negative test.
- If you are transferring your ticket to a friend, be sure to forward them your e-ticket. Keep in mind that each ticket can be redeemed only once.
- The Civic Center Parking Structure is located near Alameda Ave at 1416 Oak Street; parking in the garage is free after 5:00pm. Parking can also be found on nearby streets, or in nearby public lots. Street meters are free after 6:00pm.
- The Downtown Alameda Business Association encourages everyone to enjoy the event responsibly. Ride-share options like taxis, Uber and Lyft are terrific resources. Downtown Alameda is also accessible via AC Transit with frequent connections to Fruitvale BART.
- We'd like everyone to enjoy the event responsibly. To support this effort we are selling a limited number of designated driver tickets. DD ticketholders get all the benefits of food and entertainment, just no drinks.
- Venues are making arrangements for the bites independently. We don't have a final list yet. Keep in mind that these are just bites, so consider having a pre-stroll snack or meal at one of our great restaurants before you get started!
- The venues are making arrangements for the bites independently. We do know that there will be some vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options.
- CRAFT Beer & Wine will be open until 10:00pm the night of the stroll for bottle sales. They are conveniently located at 2526 Santa Clara Avenue.
- The majority of the host locations are open just for the special event. Guests will have to be ticket holders to enter the host businesses.
- This is an event for 21 and older guests with a bar atmosphere. We love your kids, but best to get a babysitter and enjoy the night out!
- This is an event for adults. We highly recommend you find a sitter for the kids. Many of the tasting areas are not large enough for strollers.
- Most of the venues do not allow dogs inside their businesses. As much as we love dogs, it’s best to leave them home.
- The event will be held 'rain or shine.' Tastings are done indoors.
The information provided on this page is subject to change. Don't see an answer to your question? Email Us