FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are you doing about COVID safety?
- This is an OUTDOOR event. We are following state and local health safety guidelines—for you, our other ticket holders, and our volunteers. Additionally, ticket holders are required to show proof of vaccination or negative test results taken within 72 hours of check-in. We also request that guests wear masks throughout the event when not actively eating or drinking. Furthermore, we ask that guests not attend the event if they are showing any signs of COVID-19.
- Stroll Tickets include a collectible tasting glass, festive margarita tastings at up to 8 unique Downtown Alameda locations, small food bites at each location, and a commemorative map. Your ticket also includes a wristband that gets you exclusive specials at select downtown businesses and a chance to win some great prizes. (Designated Driver tickets do not include glass or margarita tastings.)
- Ticket sales are limited. If the event sells out in advance, there will be no tickets available at the door.
- All ticket holders must check-in at one of our two Check-In Locations between 5:00pm and 7:00pm to receive a wristband, tasting glass, and map. After that, you are welcome to visit the downtown tasting locations by creating your own route and going at your own pace. Check-In Locations:
- Alameda Ave Al Fresco Dining Area (Alameda Ave, between Park St and Oak St)
- Dragon Rouge (2337 Blanding Ave, next to the Park Street Bridge)
- We invite you to begin your visit at any of the downtown businesses. Some are even offering Stroll Specials exclusively for ticketholders.
- Check-in closes at 7:00pm SHARP. If you don’t pick up your pass by then, you will forfeit it. Please plan accordingly.
- Yes. Proceeds from ticket sales support programs that will keep Downtown Alameda clean, green, and safe for all to enjoy. Additionally, we’re pleased to partner with Alameda Education Foundation (AEF). There will be cash tip jars at each pouring station for their Art Changes program or you can make a donation now by visiting the Alameda Education Foundation website.
- This is a fundraiser for Downtown Alameda. All sales are final.
- Each ticket must be redeemed in-person at one of the check-in locations for the participant to receive a wristband and tasting glass. All participants must show ID (this is a 21+ event) and proof of vaccination or negative test.
- If you are transferring your ticket to a friend, be sure to forward them your e-ticket. Keep in mind that each ticket can be redeemed only once.
- The Civic Center Parking Structure is located near Alameda Ave at 1416 Oak Street; parking in the garage is free after 5:00pm. Parking can also be found on Blanding Ave and nearby streets, or in nearby public lots. Street meters are free after 6:00pm.
- The Downtown Alameda Business Association encourages everyone to enjoy the event responsibly. Ride-share options like taxis, Uber and Lyft are terrific resources. Downtown Alameda is also accessible via AC Transit with frequent connections to Fruitvale BART.
- We'd like everyone to enjoy the event responsibly. To support this effort we are selling a limited number of designated driver tickets. DD ticketholders get all the benefits of food and entertainment, just no drinks.
- Venues are making arrangements for the bites independently. We don't have a final list yet. Keep in mind that these are just bites, so have a pre-stroll snack or meal at one of our great restaurants before you get started!
- The venues are making arrangements for the bites independently. We do know that there will be some vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options.
- This is a celebration for adults! We highly recommend you find a sitter for the kids. Many of the tasting areas are not large enough for strollers.
- Most of the venues do not allow dogs inside eating areas. As much as we love dogs, it’s best to leave them home.
- A number of downtown bars, restaurants, and other businesses will have discounts and specials available exclusively to ticket holders during and after the event. Plan to come early, stay late, and/or revisit to take advantage of these offers. Examples of Stroll Specials will be posted on our website. The final list will be emailed to ticket purchasers.
- The final list of Stroll Specials will be emailed to ticket purchasers the week of the event. Show your ticket or wristband to get these exclusive specials. Most Stroll Specials will be available at participating businesses starting at 4:00pm on the night of the event.
The information provided on this page is subject to change. Don't see an answer to your question? Email Us